Who can get services?
- Services are provided in the counties of Austin, Bastrop, Caldwell, Colorado, Fayette, Hays, Lee and Washington.
- Are eligible for Medicaid,
- Have or are at-risk for having a health problem that keeps them from doing things that other kids their age do,
- Need help getting services to keep health problems from getting worse, and
- Want Case Management
Women who are pregnant can get Case Management if they:
Are eligible for Medicaid,
Have a high-risk pregnancy,
Need services to prevent more problems with pregnancy, and
Want Case Management
What is Case Management?
Case Management is a Medicaid service. Case managers assist children, women who are pregnant, and their families in getting help with:
- Access to needed medical services
- Family problems,
- Education/School issues
- Financial concerns,
- Finding help near where they live, and
- Equipment and supplies
What do case managers do?
Case managers help by:
- Finding out what families need,
- Making plans to meet those needs,
- Helping families find the services they need near where they live,
- Referring children, women who are pregnant, and their families to community resources and other services,
- Teaching individuals and families how to find and get services they need, and
- Following-up with families to make sure their needs have been met.
How can you make a referral?